Monday, August 30, 2010

Nap Mats

I spent my weekend making nap mats for the kiddos to take to "school" tomorrow. It was a lot of work, but I'm glad that I got to do it for them! Jasmine picked out Ariel for hers and Austin picked McQueen for his...considering he had a Cars birthday in March and she had an Ariel party this month...I'm not too surprised. :)



Miss Jasmine's bed...

Mr. Austin's bed...
Giving them a try...

2 Happy Kiddos...

I found a free pattern on the internet...but I actually changed it and adapted it to be how I wanted it...so it's a little "my own" but mostly from internet instructions. I didn't want to do velcro and a foam insert, so I purchased thick batting and doubled it up and sewed it in. These instructions didn't have any pictures or anything for help...so they were a little more difficult to follow than some. I joked again about how my engineering degree has come in handy while sewing. I've had lots of practice reading instructions and then doing the "lab" while interpretting it inside out and upside down so that when you flip it (already monogrammed) that it's right side out. Ha ha! It really did make me stop and think for a while before I could put it all together.
Any-who...I'm all done and they are good to go! They seemed so small when I was making them...but they are perfect for 2 kids who are about 37.5" and 40". ;)
Now...I'm off to figure out what all they have to take tomorrow...this is an insanely busy week...

5 comments:

Courtney said...

So adorable! Great job. I'm going to be the mom who buys one... wish I was as talented as you!!!

Stacy said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!

bethanyjones said...

So impressed! I just spent $70 on Cooper's! Oh, how I wish I had your talent!!!

Cara said...

Love them!!! Grammy purchased Ian's! Anxious about tomorrow and just how our little ones will do using their mats! Hope it goes well!

Melanee said...

these are so cute. you should put some flyers out and do this as a business b/c these things are pricey. i had to buy some for the girls this summer. good job girl!