Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm a Big Kid Now!

What a week (or 2)! :) We have survived the last 2 weeks of Potty Training around here! Good job Austin!

Here he is Jumping for Joy in his Big Boy Undies!! :)

So...if you're interested...here's the "totally made up" method of Potty Training that I used:
1. Monday Morning First Thing...I told Austin he was a big boy now and was only going to potty in the "potty" from now on!
2. I put him in plain ol' undies...no training pants, no pull-ups...just undies.
3. I moved the little portable potty to the living room...it's so hard to make them leave when they're playing.
4. I made a "chart" and he got a sticker everytime ANYTHING at all went into the potty
5. He (& sissy) got 1 M&M for each success. (Notice how many stickers on Day 1...they were barely successes...but successes none-the-less!)
6. I had towels, the steam cleaner, and fresh undies on hand! ;)
7. I watched him like a HAWK!
He really did quite well. He averaged about 2 accidents a day for the first 7 days...then one accident a day...and this week he's had a couple of accident-free days! We've already had our share of wearing home church clothes, having an accident in the middle of a store, and so on! Such is life!
:) I'm very excited to only be buying diapers/pull-ups for bed & nap! woo-hoo!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Yay Austin! That is almost the exact same method I made up for Jack:) Except Jack got a marshmallow and he could put his sticker anywhere on the "sticker paper".

bethanyjones said...

So fun!!! We didn't do pull-ups either (even had to miss church for a few weeks) and it worked like a charm! We had to use popsicles with coop because he doesn't like m&m's....what a weirdo!!! Yay, Austin!!!!