Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ch-Ch-Changes

January was all about new beginnings and making changes!
 
 I am ALWAYS in need of a little organization in my house.  I have decided we are a family of  scatter-brained people.  We tend to move-on to the next thing before we've finished the last thing.  it's true.  We struggle with blowing and going and then flying to the next thing and then crashing at night before we start another day.
 
Well this Mama said, "no more."  I am going to force us to be (at least a little) more organized.  The entry-way project from last September is still working BEAUTIFULLY!  90% of the time my keys are hung on the hook, Jasmine's back-pack is ready to go, and the shoes are all lined up.  People...it's a beautiful thing.  We are getting out the door with a lot less drama.  Mamma likes less drama.  Even Austin is now able to do clothes, socks, and shoes without melting down (most days) or wandering around looking for the lost shoe.  Hallelujah!  Can I get an amen?
 
So...here is a little of what I've been doing in January...
 
My new "shoe organizer" turned into a hats/gloves/scarf/shinguard organizer.  I LOVE THIS.  All that stuff shown was in pockets of coats and on the floor of the closet and shoved into openings up high.  No wonder I never could find 2 matching gloves!

A recent project - my junk drawer in the island.  This, my friend, is now organized junk.  I did not take a "before" picture because I just went for it one day...but the drawer didn't really open or close anymore...so you can only imagine... it. was. bad.

My bins of boy clothes and baby girl clothes to sell...  They were all nicely labeled until Samantha ripped off all the labels yesterday.  (She's lucky I think she's cute!)

A fun pinterest project - labeled bins (using my snazzy Silhoette) with file folders inside.  Each kid has their own bucket and lid with hanging folders.  Each folder will contain 1 year of memories...like school report cards, awards, ribbons, a few art pieces and pictures (class picture & school picture).  Yes please!  If it don't fit...I ain't keepin it y'all.  This is doable and already in place waiting for the papers!  Kinder is in Jazz's folder already!
 
Just a little of what I've been doing since the new year rang in.  I've been cleaning out drawers and rearranging furniture too.  I've hung a few things as well.  Still so much more to do!!!

No comments: