Wednesday, January 23, 2013

November - Family Pictures

Thanksgiving week is almost always my mom's birthday.  This year, we wanted to do something special for her since it was a *special* birthday.  ;)  For years, my mom has wanted to get a picture of everyone...but always mentions how difficult it would be to coordinate.  So...Perfect Gift Idea!! 
 
Patrick and I called Mom on the phone and told her what we had planned.  We were getting professional pictures done at Munson-Cox in 5 days.  After the initial shock of the short time-frame...she seemed genuinely excited.  ;)  The ordeal - of course - would be the clothing.  We all have different styles and ideas of what would be nice, but we pulled it all together from 3 different cities and found just the right things! 
 
On the day of...we arrived at the studio.  They decided the lighting would allow us to be outside for our picture - yea!!  That's what I was hoping for.  The photographer was fantastic!  He entertained our kids and efficiently got the pictures done!  We were very pleased. 
 
3 of these pictures made it on Christmas cards this year!
 
Pictures are one of my all-time favorite things...and I love this "capture in time."  So special!
 
 
The whole family

My family

My amazing parents - I love this picture!

My brother's family

1 comment:

Cara said...

Beautiful pictures, Mel!!! :)