Saturday, November 3, 2012

Weekend Getaway

So...last weekend Jason was in Colombia and I decided to travel to Houston with my parents to visit my brother's family.  It was a wonderful way to help the weekend pass and keep my mind off of the distance between me and my man.  Me, Austin, & Samantha packed up the car, drove to pick Jazz up from school, then drove to my mom's, then drove to my dad's office...and we were off.  We finally arrived in Houston close to 10 p.m.  We were so glad to be there. :)

We had the joy of celebrating Evie's 4th birthday with a pirate party!  It was lots of fun and the kids were too cute.  I captured some pictures from Saturday...so if you're wondering about the bandanas and eye patches...that's what they are from!

Playing outside after Evie's soccer game - it was cold!

Jazz sporting her doo-rag (however you spell it!)

The Cousins!  Total cuteness!

The amazing cake my brother made!  The characters are all made of chocolate.

Evie & Jasmine...walking the plank...

Sweet birthday girl

Ellie - making the cutest faces while swinging

Miss Jasmine
(Sometimes it just strikes me at how grown up she looks!)

I now have proof that Patrick & Shannon have met Samantha! 
Their first picture (that I have at least)!

My favorite picture of the weekend - the reaction as they enjoyed the wagon "blasting off"!  They were being pulled by my dad and brother...they screamed every time! Priceless...

No comments: