Can I just say 'wow'! My life has been Ca-Ray-Z. I'm not sure exactly why, but it has been flying 90-to-nothing and I have been holding on for dear life. To say I've been busy doesn't even seem to do it justice. I feel like the world has slowed down a bit in the last week and I'm walking closer to a normal pace. But for the past 2 months, I feel like I've been sprinting through every moment of every day. That's not at all how I want to spend my days. March is always a busy month...but still...it was too busy this time around.
We've all been sick. I have had something wrong with my throat off and on (mostly on) for the past 2 months. Strep, Pink eye, allergies...it's all attacked me. We have had parties, garage sale, showers, soccer, school stuff, gifts to buy, people to see, pictures to take, and so many more things. All good...all fun...but too much all at once.
I am always so thankful when the whirlwind stops and I can come out on the other side. I survived yet another crazy month of March (and February too.) Spring is here and our little family is enjoying bikeriding around the pond, swinging on our swingset, playing games, building forts, going on walks, and just being together.
I'm slowly putting my house back together. Laundry, dishes, sorting through things...I'm still behind but I'm making good progress. I'm learning to say "no" to things that I can't add to my crazy life. Life with a dependent baby (who will not take a bottle) means that I have not been away from her for more than about 5 hours since she was born. I love the bond and attachment that she and I have...I love that I am her mamma and she needs me. I do. The fact that she won't take a bottle does not upset me or make me crazy...my life is simplified when we are together...but it does require more from me. More than I thought. That dependency will all be over in less than 6 months. Until then...I have to say "no" to more things. I just don't have the freedom to do other things. It's totally okay with me. I love this stage...I love my baby girl...
So...here I am...trying to emerge back into the world of blogging...of working my part-time paralegal job with some normalcy...of keeping up with my home...of not forgetting things because there is just no room for them in my brain.
I feel really good after a day of tackling dishes and laundry (again.) I'm still not caught up on laundry...I have washed several loads of baby clothes from when Jasmine was little. It brings back little memories of her when I see different outfits. I am trying to figure out where the clothes will all go!!! ;)
To be honest...I've been wanting to freeze time. My Jasmine is entering her last 6 weeks of Kindergarten. How is that possible? Austin is now 4. He looks so big. Sammie is 6 months old...halfway through her first year of life. I wish I could just slow it down a little. Summer is just around the corner. I can't wait to have all of my kids home together. It will be busy...it has to be or the kids will kill each other! ;) It will be wonderful.
So...I will update with details of Jasmine's baptism, Austin's 4th birthday, Sammie's milestones, and whatever else I think of...when I can.
Just the ramblings of a mom...thankful for my husband, kids, family, friends. For all of you who put up with me. Who put up with the chaos I live in. Thankful for those who have given me encouraging words when I needed them. Everybody needs them sometimes!!
8 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment