Wow! It finally came! Monday, Aug 22, 2011 was Jasmine's first day of Kindergarten.
I had a TON of tears leading up to the big day. I found myself up in the middle of the night crying and praying for what was to come. I cried off and on from about 6pm - midnight the day before school started. Everytime I tried to talk the tears just overwhelmed me...but the BIG DAY came and I did it! I didn't cry until I hugged her goodbye...and even then it was tiny tears. That was my goal! That was what I prayed for! To be strong for my baby girl. :)
We got up early Monday morning. We had our very special "Back to School Breakfast" of pancakes and strawberries with sugar - per miss Jasmine's request. The rest of us also had Breakfast Casserole for the big day.
I woke her early that morning and she was excited. We got dressed in new clothes and curled her hair.
She was so excited to put on her new backpack and head out the door!
Me & my baby girl
Jasmine, Mommy, and Austin
Jasmine and Daddy
Walking into school the first day - she looks so tiny with that big ol' backpack!
Jasmine and her friend Abby who is just next door at school!
Austin giving sissy a hug goodbye. So sweet!
She had a really great first day. She had fun and met some new girls. Can't wait to see how the year goes!






No comments:
Post a Comment