Friday, October 1, 2010

The Little Things...

At our house...it's the little things that make my kids' day! They just love for something to be a little different or a little special. I have found that if I try to think of one simple little thing for each day that it really seems to make an impression on the kids and they have something fun to tell Daddy about when he comes home. Things like jumping on the toddler mattress in the living room on laundry day, coloring as a family, working on puzzles, an outing to the park, painting nails (just Jasmine's...trying to help Austin get some boy/girl boundaries...ha!), sorting their rooms, a picnic either inside or outside, a special food treat, a craft, hide-a-seek, helping cook, painting pictures, making a fort in the living room, napping in their tent instead of bed...etc.

As a Mom, it helps me feel like I can go about my day doing all the things that I have to get done if I know that we've done ONE thing that's a little extra each day. Here's our week...

Sunday: Shrinky Dinks...very cool!
Monday: Our outing to get Jasmine's picture was a total bust...so we got a milk shake.
Tuesday: We played outside after school with bubbles and chalk
Wednesday: We went to McD's for lunch with Nana after Bible study
Thursday: We went to Target after school and got an icey (aka Blue Shake) for a treat
Friday: Train, Blocks, PlayDo, Reading Books, water color...

So...Monday we also played with the Dry Erase board side of the art easel. We haven't done that in a very long time...we added SOCK erasers...and it was a total hit. It's the little things. ;)




2 comments:

Amy said...

I love this. So many times I look back on a day and look back and feel like the day is wasted - I got all my chores and such done, but nothing FUN! I'm adopting this. Love it!

Amy said...

Hey girl - just saw your comment on my blog. If you make it to the fair, check out the Backyard Circus. It's so cute and Jasmine can volunteer to be in it. I almost exploded it made me smile so big!