Thank you all for your love, prayers, support, and care as we walk through this journey of losing another baby in the womb. We have appreciated the texts, the e-mails, the calls, the flowers, the cards, the meals, and the care for Jasmine & Austin. We are truly blessed to have friends and family who love us so much.
Last Wednesday, the morning started a little rocky. I was concerned about my pregnancy, so I laid on the couch for about 3 hours straight and then felt much better. I played in the pool with the kids that afternoon and things were going just fine. Wednesday night, I was debating about whether or not to go to choir because of how I had been feeling. I chose to stay home and rest. About 6:30pm, I began spotting again and was concerned. I called Jason at work and then I called the on-call doctor. He told me to go to the emergency room so that I could have a sonogram. I waited for Jason to get home, my parents came straight from church and picked up the kids for the night, and Jason took me to the hospital. After 4 miserably long hours...the results came back and confirmed the worst. We had lost the baby weeks earlier in the womb.
The ER doctor was so kind and so sincere. He had tears in his eyes when he told us. Jason had seen the sonogram being taken earlier, but he wasn't sure and didn't say anything to me. I was not allowed to see it. As well, the sonographer was not allowed to tell us anything. I pretty much knew without being told, but we had to wait for over an hour before the doctor gave us the results. They gave us time to gather ourselves and we left the hospital.
Thursday morning I already had my 16-week appointment scheduled with my doctor. He was so disappointed when he saw my chart. We asked for another sonogram...so that I could have some closure...and then we scheduled a D&C right away for that afternoon.
We went to a surgical center and as I was filling out paper work, I asked Jason what the date was. He said May 27th. My mouth dropped open. Exactly 5 years earlier on that exact same day...I had my first D&C. This was my 3rd. It was just a very weird realization.
We have had a relaxing weekend together as a family and we are doing well. We are trusting the Lord with each moment and we are so thankful for the peace that can only come from Him.

We truly believe that we have 3 sweet babies in heaven... We've never met them, but the Lord knew them when He knitted them together in the womb.
Sweet Jasmine has had lots of questions and we have answered them to the best of our ability. She knows that this baby is in Heaven with Jesus and she understands that to some degree. She has asked some heartbreaking and difficult questions...but then again...we would expect nothing less from her! Her little mind is always working...
We, of course, have no idea what lies ahead with this journey, but then none of us do. :) We hope to someday expand our family...but we will see when and how or if that is to come.
Thank you all again for loving us. We have felt the power of your prayers and He has carried us.






7 comments:
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss but continually inspired by your faithfulness. Thank you for your precious testimony.
Love that sweet Spivey Family!
Love you guys and are praying for y'all. Take care.
Love you, dear friend. Praying for you and your sweet family.
I am so glad you realized how loved you are. We are all praying for you and GREATLY admire your faithfulness to the Lord! He has great things in store for your family. Love you guys!
Oh sweet girl, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your faith is amazing. Hugs and prayers to your family.
We are so sorry Melissa -- we had no idea. You are indeed loved by many and we are praying for you guys!
Post a Comment