Wednesday, April 22, 2009

...and I Love To Do Drawings!

Sweet little Jasmine has been really enjoying drawing lately. We've even done some drawing at naptime and bedtime along with our book reading. A week or so ago, Jasmine asked me to draw a pig's face...so I did. It's not very good...and I wasn't trying very hard...because she usually erases it immediately and wants to draw something else. On this particular day...and every since that day...she said to me "this pig needs arms and legs." Then she added them herself!! This is the first time I've ever seen her be able to intentionally draw what she wanted...AND in the right locations! Such a small thing, but I totally had a "proud parent" moment...ran and got the camera...and took a picture! So yes...this is a picture of Jasmine's first "arms and legs" picture. Since then, she has actually drawn a couple of face, ears, eyes...kind of things. It's very fun and I love the part in parenting when your kid GETS IT...whatever IT may be! :)

I love that she could feel how proud I was!! :)

4 comments:

bethanyjones said...

Yay, Jasmine!!! I love those moments where you can just see their little brains working! How fun!

The Moores said...

very sweet

Amy said...

Sweetie pie - she's always been SOOOO smart. I'll never forget in the 1 year old class at church almost passing out when she knew what sound every animal made. And when she asked if we could go to the muscle room...at 1 year old! This in one bright child with a very bright future!!

Tyne said...

Hey Melissa, cute blog! Is today Austin's birthday? It says "happy birthday" on his little age marker.