Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's new...

Well, I've had an okay week overall. It's been a little rough with a "true-to-the-heart" 2-year old...AND...a little boy who apparently doesn't feel very well. I'm thinking he could be teething again. Right now, I'm just going to operate on that assumption. If he follows Jasmine's pattern, then it's about time for tooth #3 & #4. I dunno...we'll see. He's basically not been happy for more than a few minutes at a time, he hasn't napped for more than 20 minutes a couple times each day, and he's woken up several times in the night.

As for little miss Jasmine, she's learning that she can have an opinion and can assert it when she feels like it. She told me she didn't want to wear what I had picked out for her on Sunday. She said that it was too big. Later, she picked out her own shorts & top...she said "I want to wear yellow!" (escalating...to more dramatic stuff) She flipped out when I put my hair in a pony-tail. She used to just TELL me "I don't want your hair up"...almost a bit of a game. This week she threw a full blown crying fit to say those same words. It's a whole new ballgame.

Honestly, tonight was absolutely WONDERFUL. My sweet little girl played and laughed and giggled with her daddy. My little boy was mellow, but pretty happy. I kept thinking of a song that Jason has sung in the past "Somebody's Praying Me Through". I just felt like someone was praying for me and God was encouraging me. I'm so glad we have a God who makes himself known when we need it!

1 comment:

Andréa said...

I feel your teething pains Melissa! Mr Man is teething and I understand the 20 min naps, not wanting to eat and being overall fussy. We will be sending prayers your way :D