What a difference 9 months can make!
I cannot believe how much my sweet Jasmine has changed over the last 9 months. I cried dropping off this tiny little girl, who had just turned 5, to embark on a whole new adventure. She was one of the smallest little kids in the whole school. We got out of the car and walked her into school holding her hand. We walked her down the long hallway to her classroom, settled her in at her assigned seat, and turned to walk away...fighting back the tears until I was out of her sight.
9 months later, I pulled up to the back door of the school, she jumped out...backpack and lunch box in hand, slammed the door shut herself, and waved "bye" as she ran into the school...such a big kid now. What a difference 9 months can make!
She has had an amazing year and I am so proud of her. She has excelled in her school work and is reading incredibly well. We are looking forward to all that is ahead of us.
She has *LOVED* her teacher, Mrs. Bassett. She did an excellent job with teaching Jasmine to read and write. She has encouraged her and challenged her. She has helped her to overcome fears like "tornado drills", fire drills, or boo-boo's from the playground. She has been strict and loving. She has taught her sign language and encouraged her to listen.
Nana, Austin, Samantha, and I attended her awards ceremony on the next to last day of school. It was so fun to see the nursery rhyme song, little piggy play (Jasmine was the 2nd piggy), and certificate ceremony. I am thankful Nana has watched the other 2 kids so I could participate in school functions.
This is Jasmine and her 6th grade buddy, Brianna. Jasmine adored her and it was so fun for her to have a big 6th grader to come and read with her in class. She was so sweet to Jasmine and signed her yearbook on the last day. What a precious friend for my little girl.
Jasmine, Parker, & Jenny - they've been inseparable all year. I am so thankful that Jasmine made some sweet friends this year in kindergarten. They are so cute together!
Jasmine is the 3rd little piggy! :)
"First Grade! First Grade!!"







No comments:
Post a Comment