Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summertime

Summertime is AWESOME...and CHALLENGING...all at the same time.

I think this is the first year that I feel really challenged to make the summer something great.  The kids are older now, 3 & 4 (but almost 5) and have expectations.  They want to do something really fun and different everyday.  I, on the other hand, am 25 weeks pregnant and lacking a bit in the energy department...not to mention my brain is a tiny bit fried.  I'm losing things, dropping things, and flat out forgetting things.  Not to mention I crushed my thumb in the back of the door (on the hinge side) on Sunday from sheer absent-mindedness. 

So...all that to say...I am challenged to make this summer fun.  This is probably the first post of many to come where I must mention the immense, overwhelming need to spend time with miss Jasmine.  Oh my...kindergarten will be here in 2 months...oh how this little girl will be missed around here.  Not just by me but by Austin.  He loves his sissy so very deeply.  But I digress...

So...I have already seen an increase in laughter AND fighting between my 2 kiddos.  They are playing pretend together now...which is so GREAT!  A:  I'll huff and blow your house down.  J: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!  Then Austin takes a deep breath and blows really hard...and Jasmine jumps onto the couch.  SO CUTE!

As well...they chase and tickle and wrestle.  WHICH...can easily turn into "Hey...stop that." or a sudden outburst of tears from bonking one or both heads.  It's almost predictable...even when I'm not watching.

So...we are out to find fun and CHEAP things to do.  Today...we enjoyed story-time, a short movie, a snack, and a craft at our church library.  The kids checked out some books and movies.  Then we headed over to the local library and grabbed a few more movies and books.  I, personally, have enjoyed a day indoors...just to change it up a bit!

I will keep you posted as I venture into new things.  :)

3 comments:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

We spend a lot more money during the summer since we aren't working. It is hard to find activities that are free or cheap.

Brent and Rachel Fisher said...

That picture is awesome!

Melanee said...

we'll be meeting ya'll at summer reading club at church in a couple of weeks. fun times!