Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Where've I been?

Well friends...I'm not sure if anyone really reads this blog...but I know a few people who do...and I have been on a much needed 6 or 7 week break from blogging for a few reasons:

1. I am now almost 19 weeks pregnant. I have been completely EXHAUSTED. I tend to spend my truly free time taking a nap. I thought 2nd trimester would be the "full of energy" trimester...but I am not experiencing that. I am still falling asleep while watching TV every night. It's quite comical...I try so hard to watch a show that I'm really into...but totally can't do it! I am also falling asleep with the kids during the day. I'm just resting whenever I can.

2. We've been packing up our house to put it on the market. We've been here almost 9 years and we are ready to move. We feel like we've already outgrown the house...plus with a little one on the way...we just need more space. However, after much prayer and waiting, we are going to have to postpone it at least another year. Gas prices, insurance, etc. just aren't going to let it happen this year. THAT means that Jasmine will start school here in the fall. CRAZY! We will wait to try and move after she's finished kindergarten at least. So...I've spent free time packing up boxes of clothes and trying to "de-personalize" my house. I guess now I've got to put some of that back together.

3. I've been working more. That takes up alot of my afternoons while the kids are napping or my time while they are at preschool...which is over in 2 weeks. I've become quite used to having 2 days a week to myself...meaning I can run into the store in under 30 minutes or I can take care of the car or my registration quickly...instead of packing entertainment or giving the "no running around while we're here...you need to stay with me" speach before going in. :)

4. I've got 2 big things left. The preschool concert is next Wed night...so I've got to make sure it is all prepared. As well, next Wed is my turn to teach a 10-15 minute lesson in my SALT class. I have to say...I'm praying that my time will be quadruplized between now and next week. It makes me nervous to think how much preparation has to happen this week.

So...after next week I should be back in full swing with blogging and socializing and enjoying the summer. It's here! I can't wait to enjoy the laziness of swimming, playing outside, going to the cheapo movies, and eating ice cream and snow cones with my kids. :)

Thanks for waiting for me to return...I've got lots of pictures to share! :)
~ mel

6 comments:

abby said...

Congratulations!!!!! WOO HOO!! Glad you are back and with such wonderful news!

Unknown said...

Welcome back!

Melanee said...

welcome welcome girlfriend! you are a busy girl!

bethanyjones said...

YAY!!!!!! congrats to you and your family!! And it sounds like you've been a busy momma!!!

Cara said...

Glad to see a post from you, friend!!! And I look forward to lots more!!! :)

Brent and Rachel Fisher said...

Welcome Back!