So...I decided to share a story about how pathetic I was today. I had to take Sully to the vet today to get his shots & have his "senior wellness exam". I was a little nervous about taking him to the vet simply because he's old, has basically gone deaf, and has bad ears & skin. I think I'm just afraid of what they might tell me. ANYWHO...so the nurse comes in and tells me that Sully is due "for the works." (You would have thought she told me horrible news.) I just busted into tears. I told her that I just can't spend that kind of money on my dog anymore. We skipped a bunch of shots last year and just stuck with the rabies so he'd be legal and able to get his hair cut at the groomers. I asked if I could do that again and they said yes. I think last year I felt like I got the "guilt" treatment...this year I got the sympathy treatment...I liked this year better!
So, when the vet came in, she told me that all-in-all Sully looked good except for his ears and skin...which has been a problem for like 8 years running...so no surprise there! THEN...she tells me that Cocker Spaniels really only need their shots like once every 3 years because of adverse reactions...that they're the breed with some strange reactions...AND that the shots stay in their systems for several years. Seriously??? I was thinking I was a horrible "pet mommy" and was feeling so awful for not giving my first baby the best care ever...then I'm told that it's actually better for him. That's just crazy.
So...whether she told me that to make me feel better, or she's telling me the truth...I feel much better. However, I cried the whole way home over my dog not getting premium care these days. Ay yay yay! He really has a soft place in my heart. He'll be 10 in February. Sweet puppy of mine!
So...pathetic? yes. Man I love my food-stealing, ear-stinkin', fur-scratching, lap dog. He's one-of-a-kind!
8 years ago






1 comment:
Dogs are a man's best friend. And I mean man in the hu"man" kinda' way.
Post a Comment