The family was watching a movie after lunch and all of the sudden the power blinked off and then back on. The wind picked up outside and leaves were swirling all around. The sky was kind of green. I looked a Jason and said, "that looks really tornadic." (don't know if that's even a real word...yes, I'm a dork.) Jason stepped outside to move a bin of toys off of the table. He suddenly felt the wind & heard the train-sound coming down on top of him. He came in, sent us to the bathroom, turned to close the window on the screen door and saw our fence shoot into the air like it exploded.
He joined us in the bathroom, grabbed Austin's mattress and put it in the bathroom, and then promptly left to go see what was going on. Thanks honey. :) It happened so fast that it was already over. Praise God...it was just the backyard.
So...we are dealing with insurance and roofing & fencing estimates. I think the roof can be replaced at an okay deal. We are still trying to figure out what to do with the fence. Until then...I get the joy of trying to get my deaf dog to come back when he goes to potty.
The other day, he went barrelling through a flock of birds 2 houses down. I watched from the window as most of his body suddenly disappeared into the ground. Not knowing what exactly it was...I went running in the wet grass with with no shoes and my PJs on...to find him in a hole from the posts my neighbor dug out. And yes...I managed to step in poop as I was running to his rescue. So...the hole was full of muddy water...that half of Sully was standing in. yipee. I had a wet muddy dog that couldn't stay outside until a bath because we have NO BACKYARD! :) So...it's been an adventure...






No comments:
Post a Comment