Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Big Boy Bed!

Austin is in a "Big Boy Bed" now! He's been climbing out for a couple of months now...and we've been waiting for a good time to change his bed. Our biggest motivation was that he could not climb back in once he got out...so he had to come and get us. The way his bed is made it had a square edge that jutted out and was very difficult for him to climb over. So...2 nights ago we changed it to a toddler bed. He did really well. The first night he came out to go "tee tee again", 20 minutes after he was in bed...but he's been doing that for weeks now. He likes the potty...but only when it's convenient for him! (He knows that we won't say 'no' to the potty.)

He woke up the first night at 4:30am and came out to a dark hallway...he started screaming crying and Jason was out that bedroom door before I had even opened my eyes! It took a little bit to get him back to sleep, but not too long. Night #2 he woke up and came out of his room at 3:00 am...but was pretty easy to take back to bed. I guess it would be hard to know if it was time to get up or not when you wake up...and you're 2! :)

Here's hoping for a night without interruptions!


2 comments:

Amy said...

Good times. Bergen went through about 4 LOOOONG months of getting up, so I started rewarding him for 10 nights in a row of no getting up. He gets a star every night and cashes them in at the dollar store after 10 stars. Preston told him if he got 100 stars, we'd take him to Chuck E Cheese. Uh, thanks Preston! He's doing really good now, though. Austin will figure it out. In the meantime, check this little nightlight out.

http://www.goodnitelite.com/index.php?page=product

SpiveyTales said...

Amy, I can't imagine 4 months!!! This is a great link...very cool...I already sent it to Jason. :) Last night he got up at 3am, but went right to sleep after we took him to his room. I guess only time will tell... He's always slept a long time, but never slept peacefully...even since he was a baby. We'll see! Thanks!