In case you aren't in my Sunday School class or in case you missed it on FB...we lost our baby at 14 weeks of my pregnancy. We went in for a routine check-up on December 30th and found that there wasn't a heartbeat.
I want you all to know that I have felt God's protection during all of this. From the beginning of this pregnancy, I have been uneasy (for seemingly no reason.) I have been reserved about sharing the news with everyone and even reluctantly posted it on FB after feeling like the news got out and I kind of had to...not to mention I was showing very early. I kept thinking that I needed to see the doctor one more time. We were scheduled to see the doctor on December 23rd and I was not wanting to get bad news before Christmas if there was going to be some. The doctor's office called that week and told me that they'd have to reschedule me for the following week. I felt even that was a sign that God was protecting my Christmas from something...I just didn't know what.
When we arrived in the doctor's office last week, I felt calm. I was ready to see this baby. The doctor started the sonogram and the first thing he said to me was, "Darling, this doesn't look good." Those words could mean a million things...so I waited. We zoomed in to find that our little one did not have a heart beat. I was so very overwhelmed with saddness, but I was not shocked. I had no signs and no reason to feel something was wrong...I just did. I truly believe God had just given me that unrest to keep me trusting Him and waiting on His timing. I'm so glad Jason was with me. He too had feelings of unrest from the beginning, but being the amazing husband that he is, he just tried to keep reassuring me and encouraging me along the way.
This is my 2nd pregnancy loss. It was harder this time because I was further along in my pregnancy...but easier this time because I have 2 precious kiddos that I came home to that night. We have cried and we have grieved...but we are trusting God with what is to come.
I always come back to this song that Jason and I sang one year when we played Mary & Joseph:
"God's ways are not our ways. His plans are not our plans. If we will just be faithful, someday we'll understand...God's ways are not our ways." I really believe that.
So...thanks to all of you again for loving us and praying for us. We are doing really well and just appreciate you all.






3 comments:
You are such a strong woman, Melissa. We are thinking about you and your family, and we are praying for peace for you all. And you are right, you have 2 amazingly beautiful babies at home to be so proud of. :)
I love you, sweet friend of mine, and am so thankful for you. You and your family are so dear to me, and I will continue to pray for y'all.
So sorry to hear this! I'll be praying for all of you!
Post a Comment