Friday, January 22, 2010

Feelin' a little crafty...

Been wanting to craft lately. I finished up a bow holder for Jasmine. Her favorite colors are pink and orange these days, so she had some input in what it would look like! It's helped with grabbing a bow on the way out the door too! bonus!


She also informed me that it needs more stickers...she's so funny!
On another note... I've had a sewing machine for at least 3 years that has never made it out of the box. I got determined this week to do something about that! So...I took it out of the box, read the manual, figured out how to thread it, practiced a few straight lines, and made my first item EVER!! I had a pattern for a blanket...but was afraid of using up too much material on the first project, so I opted for a lovee instead. :)



It still needs some work, but I am excited to venture into the land of sewing! I have SO MANY ideas logged away in this head of mine....I hope to find the time to make some of them happen!
Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, Melissa! They both look great!!!

The Moores said...

SO fun! I wish I were more crafty. I envy that about you. Keep up the good work.
sarah