Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What's the latest?

I'll catch you up on the last 2 weeks. This is the longest blog-break I've taken!
Mom's Day weekend, J was laid up recovering from surgery while I was trying to entertain the kids ...so I decided to "play puzzles" with Jazz. Over the weekend, she completely mastered her 50+ piece princess puzzle! She worked on it for countless hours...putting it together and then taking it apart. She amazes me! She did the whole thing totally and completely by herself over and over!


Her latest TV fixes have changed. She now likes "Martha Speaks" about a talking dog and "Handy Manny". We're taking a break from "Curious George" and "Clifford".
Austin has started "talking" lots more. I put that in quotes because only a few people could really understand him! He loves books and balls and animals. He is following in his sister's footsteps learning his animal sounds - chicken, bear, dog, monkey, duck, elephant, snake, camel,...etc. I love that I can understand him and he is communicating and understanding us and talking to us! He recently fed himself lemon pudding...he wants to do it by himself! (and you can see where that leads!) He's such a mess all the time!!


He busted out with 3 molars over Mother's Day weekend...no wonder he was fussy for a few days! Poor kid! He's quite the little trooper though! I'm not sure if that 4th one has come in yet...I'll have to check! He also got a haircut...again! :) He looks like such a little boy now!

We've spent every evening in the yard playing with balls, bubbles, the sandbox, and the slide! The kiddos have truly enjoyed themselves!







As for me...I'm struggling with some type of crazy throat infection. The doctor is worried it might be an abcess (ew!). After today...I'm not sure! I'm going in tomorrow again. It's one sided...I told the doc I feel like I'm choking on something...he said you are...it's your own throat swollen inward. Oh the illness in this house just keeps on going! :) I'm fine otherwise...Penicillin for 10 days though.
Hmmm...well...that's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.