Well...I'm really delayed in posting about Thanksgiving, but it was a long, tough week last week trying to get back into routine!
We had a great time over Thanksgiving. We spent Thursday and Friday at my parents' house with Patrick, Shannon, and Evie! It was truly a blessing! This was our first holiday with 3 grandkids in the mix! It was alot of fun...and very busy...but we had so much to be thankful for this year. I was so thankful to be with my mom and dad who are such godly and wonderful parents. They serve their kids- over and above -and always desire the best for us! I just appreciate them so much. Then, of course there was Evie...what a treasure this little girl is! She has been blessed with some amazing people for parents. Patrick and Shannon are doing a wonderful job and have just stepped into the role so easily that they've been waiting for for so long! Evie is sweet and beautiful and absolutely precious! Then, I was of course am so thankful for little Austin's first Thanksgiving...and miss Jasmine's 3rd Thanksgiving! He and Jasmine bless my life, challenge my life, and fill me with such joy that words cannot even describe! I just enjoyed watching them play and experience FAMILY! My husband has stepped up as a father and role model for this family so over and above what I ever expected or dreamed that he could. I told him the other day that he has exceeded my expectations as a husband, father, and friend...for that I'm blessed and humbled by God's amazing faithfulness to me and our relationship!
On to San Antonio we went for celebration with Jason's family. It was great to see Mom & Dad Spivey and have this time to spend with them. It was an extra special day for us to meet our neice Jocelyn. She is adorable. I spent alot of time holding & cuddling her!! She'll get to know her Aunt Melissa soon enough!! She & Austin completely missed our Thanksgiving lunch because they were both just napping away!! :) Jasmine & Jadyn had a grand ol' time playing all day Saturday. Neither of them had a nap and they wore each other out (as well as the rest of us!) It was so fun seeing them play together. They are really cute together and it totally brings me joy to watch! My camera batteries died while I was there...so I'll share a couple that Jen & Joey sent me! Our trip was so great and we had a wonderful time!! Saturday night Mom Spivey and I stayed up for hours talking...we stayed up too late, but it was worth it! Thanksgiving was a great time and I am looking forward to Christmas with everyone! Here are a few pictures...






No comments:
Post a Comment