Saturday, May 31, 2008

Austin's 2 month stats

Wow...2 months have already passed since Austin was born. It's really quite amazing...the feeling that we had with Jasmine was the same... Time has flown by so quickly, yet we cannot hardly remember life without him. It's amazing how God can make your little ones feel like they've always been apart of your family.

I took Austin to the doctor on Thursday. Nana kept Jasmine that day. I was slightly dreading this appointment because of how many shots I knew he would get. 5 in his thighs and 1 to drink. The time came and Austin was a real trooper. I don't think that I've heard him cry like that since he was born. He's so good natured, that he just doesn't get all worked up. He had the long silent cry before he took that deep breath and let it all out. As painful as it is to watch, there's something about it that allows your love to grow a little deeper in that moment. Love that you didn't know could grow... does.

So...drumroll...my big ol' boy's stats are below:

Weight: 14 lbs 3 oz (91%)
Height: 25 inches (96%)
Head: 41 cm (73%)

He is quite the chunky-monkey. (Or as Daddy fondly calls him "Monkey Beast"!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea! I'm so glad you started a blog! I love reading peoples blogs. Austin is adorable and I love that he is a chunky monkey. We need to see you guys.

Michelle said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I have 'call Mel S' on my to-do list, so I promise to call soon. We need to get our kiddos together. I realized it has been 6 years since we've seen each other, yikes!

speedygttu said...

Avery goes in 2 weeks for that first round of immunizations. Not looking forward to his crying either. He's rather content most of the time, and he doesn't cry much unless there's something really wrong. Again very rare! Thanks for sharing!! :)

SpiveyTales said...

Hey girls! Thanks for adding comments to my blog! This is so much fun! It's definitely a new obsession for me. I'll probably be a "blog when I feel like it kind of girl!" Ya know?